Monday, March 5, 2012

Arenal, La Fortuna

La Fortuna what a cool town. We were there last Thursday and Friday and had a great time. On Thursday just walked around and chilled around the town and had some beers. Met some folks at the Hostel where we were staying which was Backpackers Arenal which was a very nice hostel with A/C very nice thing to have in Costa Rica. On Friday we went ziplining and horse back riding. It was so much fun. One of the zipline cables was 980 Meters almost a kilometer long. Got going about 50 KM/Hour. After that went up to the Baldi Hot Springs and almost killed myself on these crazy water slides. I think I literally flipped upside down in the tube. Got John off to the Airport on Sunday and stayed the night in San Jose. Now I'm traveling solo for a few weeks before I meet up with my friend in Peru. I had convinced myself to attempt to only speak in Spanish for the next few days to practice more but rode out to Porto Viejo with a van full of Americans who were very interested in my trip which is awesome. I hope they all take a career break it's been amazing so far and keeps getting better.  I just made it into Punta Uva which is about 5 Km outside of Porto Viejo, I'm staying at the Walaba Hostel and Beach Houses. I'm on the top floor of this bungalow in a bunk room that looks very comforatable and the bunk looks ready for me to take a siesta. I'll be here for a few days and then will figure it out. Ultimately working my way down into Panama where I will fly out of to get to Peru. I hope you all are enjoying reading this as I enjoy writing these and reliving these amazing memories. Keep in touch and drop me a line to say hi or leave a comment. Pura Vida!

No comments:

Post a Comment